5 Tips To Improve Your Critical Thinking
Critical thinking is like a muscle- you have to exercise it to make it stronger and more powerful. Every day we are presented with a large number of decisions, and it's impossible to make a perfect choice every time. But with practice and some intention we can make better choices. Here are 5 easy tips to improve your critical thinking from Samantha Agoos and TED-Ed.
- Formulate Your Question: Basically, know what you're looking for. It's not always as straightforward as it sounds. If you approach the situation with a clear view, you'll be able to sift through information more quickly.
- Gather Your Information: There's a lot of information out there. You may need to seek an expert for advice or look for testimonials from others that have been in a similar situation. Information gathering helps you weigh your options, moving you closer to a decision that meets your goal.
- Apply The Information: Based on the evidence, what is the apparent outcome?
- Consider The Implications: What are the effects outside of what is intended? Nothing is completely autonomous. Every action causes a ripple to other areas.
- Explore Other Points Of View: Try to look at it from every angle. See if you can find out why the opposing side feels the way they do.